26 January 2009

Winter

Oh neglected blog....how you are so dusty. I have thought of you often and then the day slips right on by.

This winter has been busy with lots of stuff. Unlike last winter that just kept on going with no end in sight. I am thankful that this winter is moving at a pace that I can almost keep up with.

Yeah, winter is always so long and dull, cold and icy that having some sunny outlet has made a world of difference.

1. Having a vehicle that I do not have to share all the time has helped. (last winter I was sharing a full size chevy extended cab....so Indiana.)

2. Working, even if it is only one day a week. It gives me that much needed adult time.

3. FLORIDA!!! We took a week long trip to visit my Grandparents in Panama City. Fabulous. The beach, the pool, and relaxation. It was a true vacation. The kids loved romping in the sand, collecting shells and digging holes. The pool was great too!!! Also the warm sun!

3. Having out of state company. Erik's daughter came for a week visit! The kids had a blast playing.

4. Doing taxes. Well the huge return is what is awesome. Finally all that unspoken debt will be cleared up. YIPPEE!!!!!

5. Christmas was fun. The kids really got into it this year. It helped that Santa left a boot print in the ashes, a few sleigh bells had fallen off, a mailbox with a special letter, and of course the mountain of never ending presents!

The only down side this winter is that I was sick. The first time in many years. It hit hard and I was miserable. Glad to be done with that.

Quincie had a wonderful 3rd birthday and now it is on to Clyde's 2nd. The kids are learning and growing so quickly. Some days I feel that I can barely keep up with them. They keep me on my toes and they are still toddlers.

Well, I have finally gotten my act back together and you will most certainly be seeing more.

No comments: