21 November 2008

Glued Groups

There are so many groups out there that have that glossy glued look about them. They drive me crazy! I think to myself, "Are you really into that for the benefits are is it for the look, the resume builder, the approval..." I just do not buy into it. There is something great about being part of some thing bigger. Most people need that reassurance that what they are doing counts.

I am coming to terms with the fact that I do not need to be part of that BIGGER picture...as in a group of some sort. I am comfortable being separate from the main stream.

An example would be the one time visit to the MOM GROUP>>>oh yeah, I did it and it sucked!!! The moms were so boring and all they wanted to talk about were there kids. That is all fine and dandy but it was not enough for me. A side note: they were all wearing plain jane white socks. BORING!!!! I did not fit and neither did Quincie. The moms were already talking about how much personality she had.....It is definitely brighter than any of those ladies personalities.

Last Sunday I attended a church for a baby committment ceremony. It was alright. The topic was meaningful and I actually took away some items for thought. It was temporary. The instant gratification of feeling great lasted oh a day. Great. Thanks for that, were is that feeling for the rest of the week.

My thought is that these groups provied a security net for so many, conditioning them to be a like, Glossy and Glued. Cohesive.

I am more than that. I am going to accept my individuality and run with against the grain.

No comments: